Currently, a client of ours in Philadelphia is looking to hire an iOS Lead who has passion for mobile solutions. This person will be responsible for overall delivery of iOS Application(s).
- Lead the day to day requirements gathering, development, release and maintenance of iOS apps.
- Work with product management, UCD and other members of the technology team across different time zone to help shape the delivery cycle and be the keeper of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Mentor and guide the development team(s) on all aspects of SDLC processes including configuration management, release process, code branching and merging and versioning best practices.
- Act as in-house expert on an iOS SWIFTT 3/4 coding and help setup best practices for the development team, including automated testing and continuous integration builds and automated releases.
- Lead the development of iOS apps on a service-oriented platform and publishing/releasing of apps to iTunes Connect using Fastlane and associated components, including certificate/profile management. Knowledge with Unix/Linux, shell scripting and GIT source repository.
- Manage and work on roadmaps, planning, estimates of new development features and focus on reducing technical debt.
- Champion efforts to revitalize and redesign information systems and practices which improve operating effectiveness and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manage, collaborate and contribute to the design, architecture documentation and end to end implementation of all solutions related to the iOS front end including backed systems supporting the front end app(s).
In order to be considered viable for this unique opportunity you must possess:
- A good working knowledge in push notification services like Urban-Airship.
- Experience in automating build and release process of the iOS Apps including writing Unit tests (and automating it) using continuous integration tools using Jenkins.
- Extensive knowledge in SWIFT 3 and above (both UI and non UI), Core Data, SQLite, JSON, Network calls. Desirable to have Objective-C background.
- Experience in Software development working in an agile/iterative SDLC using Java and iOS
- Experience with JIRA Agile / Portfolio/ Confluence for Agile development / sprint planning etc.
- Sound understanding of software development and maintenance processes and methods, project management principles and techniques as they relate to software project planning, implementation, and others.
- Experience in a lead role working with distributed teams and with commercial, customer facing software products
- Experience in leading development of iOS apps on a service-oriented platform and publishing to Google Play.
- Knowledge with Unix/Linux and scripting in shell scripts.
- Experienced with GIT and ALM tools (JIRA Agile, Confluence).
- Proficiency in managing and authoring plans, architecture, design and technical specifications and presenting at formal reviews.