Our Philly client is looking for an Android Lead who has a passion for mobile solutions to be responsible for overall delivery of Android Application(s).
The lead will:
- Lead the day to day requirements gathering, development, release and maintenance of Android apps.
- Manage and work on roadmaps, planning, estimates of new development features and focus on reducing technical debt.
- Work with product management, UCD and other members within the technology team across different time zone to help shape the delivery cycle and be the keeper of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Act as scrum master and create plan(s)/iterations using ALM tools like JIRA/Confluence, and ensure that quality, estimates, timelines and scope are managed properly and deliver on committed time and budget.
- Mentor and guide the development team(s) on all aspects of SDLC processes including configuration management, release process, code branching and merging and versioning best practices.
- Be the In-house expert on Android coding and help setup best practices for the development team, including automated testing and continuous integration builds and automated releases.
- Champion efforts to revitalize and redesign information systems and practices which improve operating effectiveness and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manage, collaborate and contribute to the design, architecture documentation and end to end implementation of all solutions related to the Android front end including backed systems supporting the front end app(s).
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
- Manages and assists in troubleshooting mission-critical technical problems and production issues.
- 7+ years of extensive experience in Software development working in an agile SDLC using Java and Android
- Ideally 2+ years in a lead role working with distributed teams and with commercial, customer facing software products and responsible for delivery.
- 2+ Experience leading a team of 3+ developers
- Must be experienced in leading development of Android apps on a service-oriented platform and publishing to Google Play.
- Must be an expert in Android (both UI and non UI), SQLite, Retrofit, JSON, RxJava and associated Rx libraries, Android Studio and Gradle
- Must be experienced with Unix/Linux, shell scripting and GIT.
- Must have good working knowledge in push notification services like Urban-Airship and Deep Linking.
- Must be experienced in automating build and release process of the Android Apps including writing Unit tests (and automating it) using continuous integration tools using Jenkins.
- Must have used JIRA Agile/Portfolio/ Confluence for Agile development/ sprint planning etc.
- A strong desire to mentor junior software engineers.
- Must be proficient at managing and authoring plans, architecture, design and technical specifications and presenting at formal reviews.